Taylor, MI: Furnace FAQ’sOctober 1, 2018
Cold & Flu Season Tips
It’s cold & flu season, make sure to check out these quick tips!
- Sanitize your home and office space. Germs live on hard surfaces, make sure to be actively cleaning desks, countertops, keyboards, and door handles.
- Wash your hands frequently with proper hand hygiene. This helps to kill any bacteria on your hands that you may have picked up from other people or surfaces. Use soap and warm water for at least 15 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face – nose, mouth, and eyes. This is how germs are spread!
- Consider getting an in-duct air purifier. These can kill up to 99% of bacteria, mold, and viruses. They also reduce airborne particulates such as dust, dander, pollen, and mold spores.
- Get vaccinated. Flu shots should be available at your primary care physician and most local pharmacies.
- Install or run your humidifier. Germs stick around longer in dry areas. Moist air makes it harder for airborne germs to spread by causing them to the fall toward the ground where they are less likely to infect you.
- Dress warm. If you’re planning on heading out into colder weather make sure that you are dressed appropriately. Grab an extra layer when leaving just in case!
- Drink lots of water. Stay hydrated to help protect your body against any infections. Water helps to lubricate the mucous membranes of the throat.
- Exercise. This helps to boost your body’s immune system – which is how the body defends itself against infections.
- Get plenty of sleep. Lack of sleep can result in increased risk of catching a cold.
Expert Heating & Cooling is a leading full-service HVAC company serving Southeast Michigan. With a heavy concentration of customers in the Downriver area, the company also performs installation and service in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, and Monroe counties. If you are interested in having an in-duct air purifier or humidifier installed call Expert Heating & Cooling at 844-EXPERT-1.